Akita dogs are a great choice if you’re looking for a loyal and protective companion. Originally bred in Japan for hunting and guarding, these dogs are now popular pets around the world. However, before adopting or buying an Akita dog, it’s important to know about the breed’s characteristics, temperament, and health concerns. it’s helpful to know the price range of Akita puppies in India. In this blog post, we’ll provide information on Akita dogs, their price in Delhi, and some important things to consider before bringing one into your home.
Akita dog breed information
- Height– 26-28 inches.
- Weight – 48 to 56 kilograms.
- Life Expectancy – 10-14 years.
- Good with other dogs – 4/10.
- Good with families – 7/10.
- Energy level – 9/10.
- Color and markings – Brown, Black Overlay. Red, Black Overlay. Fawn, Black Overlay. Silver, Black Overlay.
Akita dog price in Delhi (India)
The price of Akita puppies can vary depending on several factors. Some of the key factors that affect the price of Akita puppies in Delhi include:
- Lineage and pedigree – Akita puppies that come from champion bloodlines or have a strong pedigree can be more expensive than those without a strong lineage.
- Breeder reputation and experience – Experienced breeders with a good reputation for producing healthy and well-behaved puppies may charge more for their Akita puppies.
- Demand and availability – If there is a high demand for Akita puppies in Delhi and the supply is limited, this can drive up the price of the puppies.
The average price of an Akita puppy in Delhi is around ₹50,000 to ₹1,00,000. However, the cost can vary depending on factors such as age, gender, and origin.
For example, female Akita puppies may be slightly more expensive than males. Additionally, younger puppies may be more expensive than older puppies because they require more care and attention.
When buying an Akita puppy, it’s important to consider additional costs such as vaccinations, spaying or neutering, and training. These costs can add up and should be factored into the overall price of the puppy.
Overall, the price of an Akita puppy in Delhi can vary depending on a variety of factors, but it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable breeder who produces healthy and well-behaved puppies.
Related: Barking Up The Right Tree: Tips And Tricks For Dog Owners
How to choose the right Akita puppy
Research the breed
Before choosing an Akita puppy, it’s important to research the breed to ensure that it is the right fit for you and your lifestyle. Some key factors to consider include:
- Temperament and personality traits – Akita dogs are known for their loyalty and protective nature, but they can also be strong-willed and independent. It’s important to understand their temperament and personality traits to make sure they match your lifestyle and living situation.
- Exercise and training requirements – Akitas require regular exercise and training to stay healthy and well-behaved. Make sure you are able to provide enough time and attention to meet their needs.
- Health issues and potential genetic problems – Akitas can be prone to certain health issues and genetic problems, such as hip dysplasia and thyroid issues. Make sure you are prepared to provide the necessary care and attention to maintain your puppy’s health.
Find a reputable breeder
Choosing a reputable breeder is essential when adopting an Akita puppy. Here are some tips for finding a good breeder:
- Look for breeders who prioritize the health and well-being of their puppies. Ask about the parent’s health and ask to see health records.
- Get references or read customer reviews. A good breeder should have satisfied customers who are willing to vouch for their services.
- Visit the breeder in person and see the living conditions of the puppies. A reputable breeder should have clean and comfortable living conditions for their puppies.
Related: Beagle Baby Price In India And Breed Information
Meet the puppies
Once you’ve found a reputable breeder, it’s time to meet the puppies. Here are some tips for choosing the right puppy:
- Observe the puppies’ behaviour and temperament. Look for puppies who are friendly and confident, but not overly aggressive or shy.
- Interact with the puppies and see how they respond to you. Choose a puppy who is playful and curious, but also responsive to your commands.
- Choose a puppy that matches your lifestyle and personality. If you’re an active person, choose a puppy who is energetic and enjoys exercise. If you’re more laid-back, choose a puppy who is calmer and more relaxed. If you want to buy the best treats and dog food for the Akita puppy, I recommend our products which are made from high-quality ingredients with delicious flavours.
Finalize the adoption process
The next step is to meet the puppies after you’ve chosen a reputable breeder. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask for health and vaccination records. Make sure the puppy is up-to-date on all vaccinations and has a clean bill of health.
- Consider the cost and additional expenses. Factor in the cost of food, vet bills, training, and other expenses when budgeting for your new puppy.
- Make sure your puppy matches your lifestyle and personality. Akitas can live up to 10-14 years or more, so it’s important to make sure you are ready for the long-term commitment.
Related: Do Dental Sticks And Treats Really Clean Your Dogs Teeth?
In conclusion, Akita dogs are a unique and fascinating breed that make great pets for the right owners. Before adopting or purchasing an Akita puppy, it’s important to research the breed, find a reputable breeder, and choose the right puppy that matches your lifestyle and personality. While the price of an Akita puppy in Delhi can vary depending on a number of factors, such as lineage and age, it’s important to remember that the cost of the puppy is only one aspect to consider when bringing a new pet into your life. By taking the time to choose the right puppy and preparing for the long-term commitment, you can enjoy many years of love and companionship with your Akita dog.
Related: German Shepherd Price In India And Breed Information